Installation of Diamond SIS on Workstation
- Configure the system ODBC for the workstation to allow the system to communicate with the SQL server.
The DSN name, SQL Server, and database name must match what is in Diamond SIS. NOTE: 32 bit workstations will find the ODBC in the Control Panel. 64 bit workstations will find the ODBC in the file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
- Map the N drive on the local workstation.
This drive would be the network drive your school has created for Diamond SIS files. Many processes are tied to this location within Diamond SIS.
- Install DDART files to local machine.
This can be done by navigating to the area on the network where they are stored. These files are for the Access Runtime 2002 or 2003. Diamond runs most stable on these versions of Access. This folder is often located within the folder holding Diamond SIS installation files.
- Install Diamond SIS workstation.
This can be done by navigating to the area on the network where those files are stored.
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\DiamondD and change the permissions on this folder to Full Access to All Users.
There is nothing in this area that users will need to access directly, however Diamond SIS uses this folder consistently under the permissions of the user logged in.
- Edit the DD.ini folder found in the folder listed in Step 4.
This file is the configuration settings for Diamond SIS on this workstation. Edit this file to point to the Access Runtime location. Typically, the folder is named Office 10. NOTE: The name of this folder does not represent the version of Microsoft Office installed on the local machine.
- From the workstation desktop launch Diamond SIS using the shortcut while holding down the shift key at the time of launch.
This task will bring a new copy of the DiamondD.mde to the DiamondD folder on the local workstation. If there are errors received, please repeat the steps above. An omission of any step will likely cause issues with the completion of the installation.
- When a version update is completed on the server all workstations will need to launch Diamond SIS while holding down the shift key to update the version on the local machine.
- For the current Diamond SIS Help Manual to work properly please copy the Help folder to the C drive and map the main program to look in this area for the Help Manual. Some time ago Microsoft changed the security on this type of file and the file will no longer launch from the network location. Please contact support if you need help with this item.